Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Ubtan - Breakfast For Your Skin



Good breakfast is the way to stay fit, young and full of energy. You don't like to eat plastic staff for breakfast, isn't it? So does your skin too :) How quick and easy feed your skin with all natural products - this what I wanted to share with you today.


Our skin likes to have breakfast too :) My skin does it and asks often for something new. I usually have 3-4 different face-washing herbal mixes, and mix them with different oils. So I get always a new combination of goodies for my skin.

This is one of my favorites, I give it often to my friends as a small present and they all like it too! Fits practically all types of skin, ages and character :). It is very easy to prepare. If you have home only oat flakes and salt, you can already start :)

This kind of herbal face and body cleansing mixes came to us from India. They are called originally Ubtan and made out of local herbs and flours. I make them out of my favorite herbs and my local flours, just take what I can find here. 

In general, it is better to use local products, because they are the most valuable for us. We live in small microcosms which are well balanced. All what grows around is most helpful for your health and beauty, against local viruses and bacteria. That is why local honey, e.g., is more efficient against cold than some australian one :).

For this Ubtan you will need just 5 teaspoons of oat flakes, some herbs, salt and spices. In my recipe I used different flours. If you can find them - perfect, if not - it will be good too.


Ubtan (Herbal Face and Body Cleansing Mix) for all skin types:

2 TS oat flakes
1 TS korn flour
1 TS chickpeas flour
1 TS wheat germs flour

1 TS flaxseed 
1 TS calendula
1 TS camomile
1 TS nettle
1/2 TS turmeric
1/2 TS ginger
1 TS sea salt (without any additives!)


Grind everything very fine in coffee grinder, keep in a glass jar. You can use it in different ways:

1. As a face cleanser - just mix it with hot water 1:2 and add 2-3 drops of oil (olive oil, almond oil, sesame oil, grape seeds oil - whatever you like or have home).

2. As a face mask - 1-2 time a week, mix like face cleanser, add some honey, fruits, berries, banana, a couple of drops of lemon juice, if you have oily skin.

3. As a peeling - mix it like for face cleanser and massage gently your face. 

Useful tip - before you rinse it put some water on, if the mask is already a bit dry. Then clean it with a wet paper towel. Small peaces of mask will not go into your hair and you don't have to wash a sponge, if you usually use sponges for masks. Watch out your eyes too. 

This Ubtan can cause very light tingling effect, but this is ok, as far as it is not really burning. Ginger is stimulating blood circulation and regeneration processes go faster. 

Girls, spoil yourself with small yummy things, as well for your skin, and you will see the results soon! :)

If you used this Ubtan or any other herbal face mask, peeling or cleanser, please share it with me! I am always curious to try something new :)

No comments:

Post a Comment